Forms a perpendicular branch with the VDC4 conduit system. The branching conduit connection may be VDC4 or VDC1.
This T-style fitting is instrumental in reducing costs in FTTH and FTTX applications, where easy branching is required during or post installation.
ID – 16408
- Allows cable or tubing elements to be redirected into a perpendicularly attached VDC style conduit.
- Can be installed into hard infrastructure with minimal disruption and excavation.
- Designed to be easily installed onto the VDC4 conduit route during the network installation or post network installation onto a live network.
- Forms a durable well protected transition
- Cables can be pulled through the T in the branching direction.
- The fitting has an insert to restore the integrity of the original VDC4 channels that are not involved in the branch.
- Allows networks to be built with a BUS style architecture vs. a star, which reduces conduit lengths and cost.
- Design allows for unlimited re-entry.
- Reduces the number of spice points and slack points required on a network.
- Assembly weight — 179 grams
- Length of top of T — 206mm (8.11”)
- Length of the vertical part of T — 130mm (5.11”)
- Thickness of assembly — 58mm (2.28”)
- Widest part of arms — 20.5mm (0.81”)
- Radius of bend — 50mm (1.97”)
- Body, Adapters & Inserts — 20% glass filled nylon
- Fastener — Stainless Steel
Tools Required for Assembly:
- 9/32” Nut driver
- Medium flat file
- Pencil or marker
- Miter box and saw